Information about the data protection
associated with the submission of an application to participate in the joint Finals of the European Youth Debating Competition
- Responsible authority
Young leaders GmbH, Mohrenstraße 33, 10117 Berlin, is responsible for the processing of personal data. It is legally represented by its managing director MrReinhard Werner, Dipl.-Psych.
Telefax: +49 (0) 30 – 200 59 79 – 29
- Voluntary submission of personal data
The submission of an application and, therefore, the provision of all personal data is voluntary. No legal or contractual obligation exists relating to the submission of an application or the provision of the personal data transmitted. However, it is not possible to submit an application without the provision of the required personal data.
- Purpose of the processing of personal data
The collection and processing of data arefor the purpose of processing the application, in case the application is successful to execute and manage the aforementioned event, as well as to send the applicant information and invitations concerning future (co-)hosted events and projects of this kind by young leaders GmbH.
- Recipients of the personal data
In the case that your application is successful, your personal data will be forwarded to the following offices for the purpose of declaring the winners of the event:
- EPCA – The European Petrochemical Association A.I.S.B.L./I.V.Z.W., Avenue de Tervueren 270, Tervurenlaan, 1150 Brussels, Belgium
- PlasticsEurope AISBL, Avenue E. van Nieuwenhuyse 4, Box 3, 1160 Brussels, Belgium.
- Voluntary nature of and rescission of consent
Your consent for the disclosure of data to the parties named above, as well as the use of your personal data to inform you of future events (co-)hosted by young leaders GmbH, is voluntary and can be rescinded with future effect at anytime. It will not be possible for the applicant to participate in the event should the consent givenfor the disclosure of personal data be rescinded. The rescission of consent will not influence the lawfulness of the processing of personal data prior to the rescission due to the previously given consent.
- Legalbasis for the processing of data
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is
- with regard to the processing of the application, the organisation, implementation, and accounting of the event, article 6, paragraph 1 lit. b) of the 2016/679 regulation of the European Parliament and Council of 27. April 2016on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing directive 95/46/EG (General Data Protection Regulation), DSGVO and
- with regard to the disclosure of data to the offices named above as well as the use of data to send information and invitations concerning future (co-)hosted events and projects by young leaders GmbH: Article 6, paragraph 1 lit. a) DSGVO.
- Duration of retention of personal data
Following the conduct and closure of the event, as thereafter the purpose of the collection of personal data no longer applies, the data will be deleted, providing there are no legal retention requirementsprecluding this. Otherwise,they will be deleted after the expiry of the legal retention requirements. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the personal data will be saved to inform the applicant of future (co-)hosted events and projects by young leaders GmbH
- until therescission of consent or, if consentshould not be rescinded,
- until they reach the end of their 21styear of life.
Thereafter, all personal data will be deleted, providing there are no legal retention requirementsprecluding this.
- Rightof access, rectification, and deletion
The applicant has the right to ask for a confirmation concerning whether their personal data is being processed. If this is the case, the applicant is entitled to obtain information about their personal data in the scope of the law. This does not apply should the data only be saved due to legal or statutory retention requirements which do not allow it to be deleted. Furthermore, this does not apply where data is only retained for the purpose of data protection or the control of data protection, where the provision of information would require a disproportionate effort, and where processing of the data for other purposes through suitable technical and organisational measures is precluded.
The applicant has the right to demand the rectification of any inaccurate personal data and, in consideration of the processing purpose, the completion of incomplete personal data, also by the means of a supplementary declaration. Under the specified cases of article 17, paragraph 1, lit. a) to f) DSGVO the applicant also has the right to have their personal data deleted, as long as no exception according to article 17, paragraph 3, DSGVO applies.
- Right of appeal
The applicant has the right to lodge an appeal with the responsible authority.